Friday, July 27, 2007

Update on Baby Paola from Guatemala

I recieved news recently that baby Paola died the week after we left Guatemala. I have such mixed emotions about this. I will never understand, this side of heaven, God's purpose for sending her here to live as an orphan and suffer from poor health for 3 months, only to bring her back home.

On the other hand, I am so thankful that He sent our team when He did. There were a few of us that felt led to give her special attention, the kind of earthly love that she may not ever have had a chance to experience. And, because we were there and loved her, there are now people mourning her loss, who have pictures of her and feel pangs of sadness when we look at them.

I am so happy that she is with her Father now. It warms my heart to think about Jesus holding her in his arms. And, I'm so relieved to know that she finally has a home...our only true home and the one we will all share some day!

The Martyr's Song
-By Todd Agnew
Sing! O son of Zion! Shout! O child of mine!
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind!
I’ve been waiting to dance with you in fields full of colors you’ve never seen.
And I’ve been waiting to show you beauty you never dreamed
That’s always been in you.
And I’ve been waiting...
To see you tremble as you’re embraced
By a world saturated with My love.
And I’ve been waiting for The Day
When at last I get to say, “My child, you are finally home.”
Sing! O son of Zion! Shout! O child of mine!
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind, for you are finally home!
I’ve been waiting to watch you realize what all your longing was for.
I’ve been waiting to show you the thread of grace
that ran through all your pain. And I’ve been waiting...
to let you drink the water of which your greatest joy on earth
Was just a taste.
I’ve been waiting for the day when at last I get to say,“My child, you are finally home.”
Sing! O son of Zion! Shout! O child of mine!
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind!
Sing! O daughter of Zion. Cry out! O child of mine!
Dance with all the strength that you can find...for you are finally home!
Every tear you cried dried in the palm of My hand.
Every lonely hour was by my side.
And every loved one lost, every river crossed—
Every moment, every hour was pointing to This Day...
I’ve been longing for This day!
I’ve been waiting to dance with you in fields full of colors you’ve never seen.
And I’ve been waiting to show you beauty you never dreamed
That’s always been in you. And I’ve been waiting...
To see you tremble as you’re embraced
By a world saturated with My love.
And I’ve been waiting for The Day
When at last I get to say, “My child, you are finally home.”
Sing! O son of Zion! Shout! O child of mine!
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind!
Sing! O daughter of Zion. Cry out! O child of mine!
Dance with all the strength that you can find...
for you are finally home!...
for you are finally home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tami,
This side of heaven is always so hard to understand, especially when a child is brought into this world to suffer the way Baby Paola did. However, look at the lives she touched during her short time on this side of heaven...I'm sure you know that. And we will never know how many of those lives turned to our Lord because of her.

I listen to the morning show every day and always enjoy every one of you. I pray for you all and the station every day.

My husband recently lost his dad. Luke was 85. I wish you could have seen the smile on his face when he went to be with the Lord. Though we miss him terribly, it gives us such peace to know he is with the Lord and with his beautiful wife and family. God has his time and his place and purpose, as we both know.

I feel fully telling you this, because listing you you every morning, I know you know all of this by heart. I guess I was kinda taken aback because you had no responses to your blog! And I've never responded to one!

Mostly I wanted to say God Bless You for what you do, and I'd love to meet you one day...I have a little store up the street from where you live, it's a music store, a new one, and I'm Sandi with and "i".

Much love to you and the guys.

In His Name!!!

Sandi with and i