Deal with your aches and pains right away!
- For minor aches--Ice Therapy . Try the "Dixie Cup" method of freezing water in Dixie Cups and using the cups to give yourself a targeted ice massage
- Serious aches and pains--see the doctor.
- To see how much water you lose when working out, weigh yourself before you work out and then after. The weight you lose during that workout is the water you have lost, and that needs to be replenished.
- Sports drinks have their place in rehydration, but unless you are a serious athelete dealing with huge fluid loss, water is a fine, calorie free substitiute. You can water down your Gatorade to cut sugar and carbs.
- Water & a banana are a great post-workout way to rehydrate and replenish.