Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Extreme Makeover Home Edition--Reveal Day--Episode Airs this Sunday at 8:00 PM on ABC 45

The main thing I can say about the Extreme Makeover Home Edition-Charlotte reveal day is that it was SO HOT!!!

The reveal was supposed to happen at around 2:oo that afternoon, and I was advised to be there no later than noon to ensure that I'd be able to get to the media area before the street was completely closed off. I am pretty sure that August 4th was the hottest, most humid day of 2008. My make-up had completely melted off of my face after about 2 minutes of being outside. Several folks who had come to watch the unveiling passed out and had to be helped out by the paramedics who were on site. Fortunately, the crew had thousands of bottles of water to pass out to the crowd. Everyone appreciated that.

Thanks to some last minute details that needed attention, the reveal didn't happen until about 4:00 that afternoon. But, the long, hot wait was worth it to be able to watch, first hand, as the family saw their new home for the first time. I think the pictures below capture the moment pretty well...



Click on Album Below to See Pictures at Your Own Pace:

Extreme Home Makeover Reveal Day

No comments: