Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Birthday Wish

My 37th birthday is right around the corner. Since I am adopted, my birthday is an annual reminder of just how blessed I am to have a caring birthmother who gave me the gift of life and gave my parents the gift of a child, and two loving adoptive parents who gave me the gift of a loving home and a permanent family. I also thank God who, I am certain, orchestrated the whole thing.

This year I'm celebrating my birthday by asking friends and family to consider making a small financial contribution to Caroline's Promise. CP is an organization that works to"Reclaim Hope for Orphans" by:

-providing grants for adoptive families
-serving orphans, widows and at risk children on short-term mission trips, and
-educating the community about adoption and the orphan crisis

I have served on two Caroline's Promise mission teams to Guatemala and I also serve on the CP board of directors. I have seen, first-hand, the lives that are being changed because of the work being done by Caroline's Promise.

For more information about my birthday wish or to make a donation, visit http://apps.facebook.com/causes/birthdays/192848?m=e0bc6388

Thanks!

No comments: