Friday, May 20, 2011
Ending the Messy Room Battle
1. Clean your child's room the way you want it cleaned.
2. Snap photos of every area of the room, beds, desk, closets, bookcases, corners, etc.
3. Post the pictures at your child's eye level in his/her room.
4. Tell your child that you will check the room daily at a specific time.
5. Give your child a fair 15 minute warning that you are about to check at that specific time and then do.
6. Anything left out, or unlike the pictures, gets taken away for three days, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS
Read more about Dr. Mantell's advice here: